Sunday, July 22, 2007

MIchael Moore's "Sicko" movie


Patrick and I saw SICKO this evening in Bricktown after a cocktail at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill. A nice drink and the beer came in a frosted glass --- just huge quantities of food were being eaten around us.
The movie "Sicko" was the first Moore movie where I cried several times. The American health care system was contrasted with Canada, France and Great Britain. Obviously there was a slant, but I am so very disappointed with how our less fortunate, minorities and children have such a huge disparity of services compared to those of us with health care and 'connections'.
Go see the movie --- it will lead you towards John Edwards as a very viable option for offering a health care plan for all. (even though Senator Edwards has not seen the light with regard to impeaching President Bush and V.P. Cheney)

1 comment:

Matt said...

I'm a big MM fan, but frankly I'm afraid to see this movie. I'm already very disallusioned with health care in this country.

I hope that this helps put pressure on our leaders to make real changes.