Thursday, May 8, 2008

Booking Through Thursday


Writing guides, grammar books, punctuation how-tos . . . do you read them? Not read them? How many writing books, grammar books, dictionaries–if any–do you have in your library?

Anne Lamott!! Her book "Bird by Bird" is excellent reading even if you are not planning on writing. Her advice to writers is to write write and write more. She carries note cards on herself so she can write words or phrases as they occur during her day. I totally agree with both of these bits of advice. Life is all about practice and inspiration comes in all forms during my day! She is one of my favorite writers!

2 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I suppose I should check her out! Thanks!

My BTT post!

Anonymous said...

This is the third reference I've seen to this, so I must definitely check it out. Thanks