Sunday, March 1, 2009

Basil, Cilantro and Lettuce at Elder Haus



Well here at Elder Haus we are getting ready to go full force on gardening --- Patrick is going to check the soil pH and hopefully I can get all of the lettuce planted this week! The tips from Lasagna Gardening include:

- Cool with a bit of afternoon shade (I think we will use the front beds)
- well drained soil
- plant in early spring
- moist soil so the seed 'sticks' to the soil

The next step will be for me to cover the grass in the back with cardboard!!! OMG!!! Life could not become more edgy or exciting around Elder Haus ----

So now I must sign off on this very exciting post and place my basil and cilantro seeds into their little pots!

2 comments:

carrhop said...

I'm so impressed--my green thumb is, uh, missing...non-existent...latent...undernourished...

Blessings!

Matt said...

My 4 year old has been showing a big interest in gardening, so we got him a garden plot for this spring and summer and hope he enjoys it as much as we will.