Tuesday, October 2, 2007

William Tell Overture


I am having to post this video tonight for several reasons:
- It makes me feel as though I wasn't the only nagging mother
- I have had a really difficult day at work
- I have a parent now who is afraid to discipline her children and she is taking her fear out on me.
- I want someone (Erin? Patrick? nobody else reads this blog) to reassure me I was still a good mother (obviously I have some issues here!)
- I need to remind myself good parenting consists of important things that others might not think of such as "put your napkin in your lap", "if you can't say something good about the food don't say anything", "we eat because our bodies need it", "If something bad happens I don't want to hear about it from a friend's parent -- it better be from you!"

5 comments:

Matt said...

I think good parenting consists of constantly questioning whether or not you are a good parent.

It's the toughest job you'll ever love.

Patrick said...

I think the best parents are the ones that their kids want to be like. I don't mean in everyway, but if they still want to be a part of your life, you have done well. I can truthfully say that our kids still enjoy being part of our lives and they will be better parents because of it!

Matt said...

Patrick & Tami -- Your kids are lucky to have you as parents.

Erin said...

Why is the video not working for me? I am lucky you are my mother! We are going to Italy together!

Tami said...

Airwin!